Freebie Friday - Pigeon Craftivity!

I have a fun freebie for you today! You may know that Mo Willems is one of my most favorite authors. I absolutely love all of his books - especially the Pigeon series. My class has gone through all of our Elephant & Piggie books too - they are great for learning to read aloud with expression by the way! Anyways, when I saw that Mo was coming out with a new Pigeon book, I couldn't resist! I had it preordered and it came right before our vacation, so I didn't do much with it right away. Now that I've had a little time to recuperate though, I've made a free craftivity for it! Here's a link to the book on Amazon in case you haven't gotten a copy yet.

 

If you don't have any of the Pigeon books you'll definitely want to pick them all up - we do a lot with them in my class - they lend themselves well to creating class books!



This year our Student Treasures class book was "Don't Let the Pigeon Be A Substitute Teacher!" and the kids had to come up with ideas for why it wouldn't be a good idea for the Pigeon to be a substitute, some of their ideas were hilarious! 
Here's what it looks like:


 

So, yes I am a huge Pigeon fan! Check out the marionette I made for a class in college, he's a bit beat up after 5 years, but he's still super cute:

Anyways, I thought it was time to make a Pigeon craftivity to honor my favorite character! My daughter came up with the idea of including Duckling as well - he's a little cutie too!



Aren't they adorable?! Now, I love cutesie things like this, but I can't justify using class time for them unless they have a clear connection to some area of the curriculum rather than just "fine motor skills" or "art". So, I had to create some writing prompts as well so I can tie this into our writing time. I put it all together in one file so you can find the templates for the craftivity as well as the writing prompt papers for FREE at my TPT store! Please Rustle Up a Response below if you grab it - I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I'm linking this up to Freebie Friday over at Teaching Blog Addict - head over to pick up some more freebies!







5 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I love duckling :)
~Andi

Thinking in Primary said...

I Love that you made this for your (guessing) student treasures book! What a fabulous idea!!!

Kerri Buckner said...

Love this! We love Mo Willems in my class too. I've been saving that book to read to my class.
Thanks for sharing.
Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

Unknown said...

SO sweet! Love it!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

School Sparks Renee said...

Really adorable. I love the book and the kids' ideas. They can be so funny. Thanks for sharing. Renee

Popular Posts