You're Invited! Summer Vacation Linky Party!

"There's 104 days of summer vacation, then school comes along just to end it. The annual problem of our generation is finding a good way to spend it!"

If you got that song reference then you've either got youngsters at home or you're a consummate Disney fan. I started watching the show due to my kids, but every once in a while I watch it even if they're not in the room! There's just something about Phineas and Ferb that appeals to me - mainly their extreme imaginations! Of course, my summer break isn't quite 104 days long, but it's close enough!

Anyways, if you've followed my blog for a while, you probably already know that I love linky parties. Can't join enough of them! It's always so interesting to see what different people will have to say about the same topic! I join them all the time, but I haven't hosted one in AGES. Mostly because the last one I hosted was back when I was starting out blogging and I didn't have very many attendees! But, I'm going to jump back into the linky party pool and hope that some of you will join me! Please don't leave me hanging! I'd hate to be the only one at my party!

My linky party topic is "How will you spend your summer vacation?"

I actually had a little one asked me that in the hallway today and I replied "Sleep!" which made her giggle. Actually I will be spending a lot of time at the pool with my four little fish (aka kids), then heading to San Antonio, TX to visit Sea World (big shout out to them for their military appreciation program!). My husband used up most of his leave time on our recent trip to California for his sister's wedding, so we'll be making the most of the long weekends this summer. Six Flags Over Texas will see a lot of us as I live with a family of coaster fanatics. There will be lots of day trips to OKC for the Zoo and the Science Museum too! One thing I'm really looking forward to is Great Expectations training in July. It's 4 days long and so much inspiration and fun is packed into those 4 days! I always come away eager for the new school year to begin! Of course I will do the prerequisite organizing and getting ready for the new year, plus some Pinterest-inspired crafts, but I'm mainly going to relax and enjoy my kids - my niece just got accepted into college and it hit me that my oldest only has 6 more years before she goes to college too! I intend to make the most of our summer times from now on!

Alright, please grab my cute little picture and link up - we probably can't rival Phineas and Ferb for creativity, but I'm betting we all have a lot of plans anyways! Who knows, we may get some great ideas from each other!  If you don't have a blog, feel free to Rustle Up a Response below and let me know your plans!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imafarmgirl.. I bought the Writing book to join the summer reading group this year. Last year I was lurking, watching and learning from all of you! So thankful for the insight, laughter, and friendship gained from the blogs you all put together. Being rural.. it is a positive shot in the arm in the crazy world of kindergarten!
I am going to enjoy my family and kids this summer.

Rachel Seymour said...

I just had to tell you that I LOVE your blog name! A teacher at my school (who doesn't even have a blog) mentioned your name and how much she loved you so of course I had to find you and start following!! :)

Rachel
A-B-Seymour

Jennifer K. said...

Aww thank you so much!

Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

Unknown said...

I can't wait to spend my summer growing professionally through my blog and preparing materials (from Pinterest!) for my classroom. I will be nannying most days, but I need a more balanced lifestyle. So I look forward to loving life a little more this summer! :)
AlwaysALesson

Popular Posts