Sweet Fall Bulletin Board & Kiwis

I am a little bit sleepy tonight, so this post is going to be short and sweet. I am tired because I didn't get my coffee. Instead it got spilled all over my desk while we were out of the room at lunch time. So it had plenty of time to drip everywhere. It took me about an hour to clean it up. Needless to say I didn't get another cup, so I am crashing big time. I need to get a spill-proof cup...anyone have a great one they can recommend?

I did want to share the cutest bulletin board idea! My across-the-hall buddy had her 2nd graders make this - I love how she includes them in creating all of the displays! They wrote sentences about fall on the large leaves at the top:


 I also had to share about our snack today. We had kiwis for the first time. They were halved and we scooped them out with a spoon. Some teachers expressed dismay because they were sure the kids wouldn't eat/like them. Well, a picture says a thousand words, so read for yourselves what my kids think of kiwis:

 First time she ever tasted a kiwi, she was just tickled about the seeds!
 This little guy had 3 helpings!



5 comments:

Kelly said...

The bulletin board is adorable!

We have a healthy snack everyday. The first time they gave us kiwi, I had never eaten one, so I told the kids they could eat the skin. That year the kids that liked kiwi always ate the skin. oops! Some of the things the kids have eaten has surprised me...spinach leaves, cauliflower, tomatoes, all with no ranch! lol

Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

Hoffer said...

LOVE Kiwi! We had bananas today for snack. I was supprised when one of my friends asked for more "nanas"

Kaci

Sandra said...

I WISH we had healthy snacks!!
Our breakfasts and snacks are all processed sugar foods! YUK!!!
Sandra
Sweet Times in First
sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

Miss Trayers said...

That bulletin board is really eye-catching. Kiwis are a great idea for a snack, I love letting them try things they haven't had before! :)

NotJustChild'sPlay

Maria said...

I love the FALL bulletin board idea so much that I had to share it with my fans at www.facebook.com/elementaryschoolbulletinboards . It is adorable!!!! :)

Popular Posts