Read Across America 2015

I'm using our day off (hooray for President's Day!) to get organized for the remaining 62 days of the year. I'm not counting down because I'm eager for the year to end - quite the contrary! In fact, this has been the BEST year of my teaching career! I'm loving my littles, we're learning so much and every day is fun, fun, fun! I think this year took 5 years off my age - just from all the Go Noodle exercise, the singing, reading and nap time-relaxing plus hugs from 20 of the very best 4 and 5 years olds ever! If you ever get a chance to do a year in full-day pre-k, go for it!

But I digress, we were talking organization, right? Well I organize by theme/occasion. And next up is Read Across America which falls on March 2nd this year. That means all those lovely Dr. Seuss classics come out - what a great reinforcement for rhyming! Plus reading (or watching!) The Lorax is always a great prelude for a Plant Life Cycle Unit! So for all of you who are preparing in advance, here are some suggestions for a great Read Across America 2015!

Can't cook in the classroom or don't want to do the same old scrambled green eggs and ham?

Try making Green Deviled Eggs and Ham Sandwiches!
Super simple - just add green food coloring to your normal deviled eggs recipe. You can add green food coloring to the mustard on the sandwiches too! 

Need a super simple craft idea for the week?
Easy-peasy and cute Red fish, blue fish idea from this pin!

Start collecting milk jugs now for this fun recycle craft!
from this pin!

Need to work on Composing Numbers? This Circus Cat Ten Frame pack will help!
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Circus-Cat-Ten-Frames-Posters-Workstation-Cards-and-Worksheets-1139035

Working on Word Families? Check out this Circus Cat Word Family Game:
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Circus-Cat-Word-Family-Game-1127249

Want to win a Circus Cat product from my TPT store? Just Rustle Up a Comment below and leave the link for the product you want! I'll choose one comment to win on 2/20/2015! I'm off to tackle a pile of paperwork in my computer room - reorganizing that room is my next big project!

5 comments:

Amber King said...

Super cute ideas! For some reason, it's not letting copy and paste the link from your TPT . I really liked the Silly Cat word family game! Thanks so much for the give away! Dzamber@aol.com

AndreaG said...

Id love to win the ten frame pack. Pre-k is awesome!

Amy said...

Love your blog. I always come away with an idea/activity to do with my K class. Would love to have you silly cat ten frame pack. Hope you enjoyed getting organized. It does feel great.
Amy
qbeepatte@hotmail.com

AndreaG said...

Did you pick a winner :)?

Jennifer K. said...

@AndreaG
Hi Andrea,

Amber was the lucky winner - but please check back and enter my next giveaway. I try to have them every few weeks!

Jennifer

Popular Posts